Experiencing homelessness?

Homelessness can affect anyone of any age and can be temporary or long term. We work with other levels of government, local service providers and agencies to respond to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in the City of Logan. 

Need help?

Service Contact information

YFS Connect

Help to find crisis accommodation, where available. Support to apply for private rentals, social housing or bond loans, and to maintain your tenancy.

Phone: 07 3826 1500

Online: YFS website

YFS Homelessness Outreach Team

Can offer support, information and advice to people sleeping rough to people sleeping rough in parks, temporary shelters, tents or vehicles.

Phone: 07 3826 1500

Online: YFS website

Email: outreach@yfs.org.au

Homeless Hotline

Confidential 24-hour information and referral service for people experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. Homeless Hotline can provide information about where you can find support, accommodation, meals and showers.

Phone: 1800 474 753

Online: Homeless Hotline

Email: psosupport@smartservice.qld.gov.au

24-hour Domestic Violence Helpline

Emergency transport and accommodation, safety planning and support for people experiencing domestic and family violence.

Womensline: 1800 811 811

Mensline: 1800 600 63

Online: Domestic and family violence helplines

Financial counselling and support

National Debt Helpline counselling services offer free, independent and confidential support to people experiencing financial difficulty. Services can help you explore your options, negotiate with your creditors, put plans in place to manage your debts and get your finances back under control.

Phone: 1800 007 007

Online: Find a financial counsellor

Logan emergency relief list

Find food parcels, food, fuel and phone vouchers, financial assistance, community meals, assistance with medications, showers and toiletries in Logan. 

Download the YFS Logan emergency relief list from the YFS website

Street meals, services and showers

A schedule of services available at various times and locations for people experiencing homelessness. These services are provided by not-for-profit organisations and include meals, support and showers.

Street meals, services and showers

Ask Izzy
Find local support services near you. 
If you use Telstra or Vodafone networks, you can search Ask Izzy on your phone even when you don’t have phone credit or access to Wi-Fi.
Search services on the Ask Izzy website

Logan street services guide

An online guide to help you find practical information and useful services in the Logan area if you have nowhere to live or are at risk of losing your home. 

You can download the Logan Street Services Guide from the Logan Community Directory. The link is on the left-hand side of the page.

Public toilets, free public Wi-Fi and computer access

Find public toilets on the national public toilet map.

You can access free Wi-Fi and computers at your local library.

You can connect to free public Wi-Fi at:

  • Springwood Park, 77 Cinderella Drive, Springwood 4127
  • Logan Village Green, 11-15 Logan Street, Logan Village 4207
  • Beenleigh Town Square, 1 Kent Street, Beenleigh 4207
  • Sturdee Park, Sturdee Street, Loganlea 4131
  • Logan Hyperdome, Corner Pacific Highway and Bryants Road, Loganholme 4129
  • Grand Plaza, 27/49 Browns Plains Road, Browns Plains 4118
  • Logan Central Plaza, 38/74 Wembley Road, Logan Central 4114.

Housing support

If you need help to find housing, pay your rent, or stay in your home, contact the below services.

Service Contact

Queensland Housing Services Finder

Online tool to find housing options and services, bond loans, rental assistance, and loans based on your individual needs and eligibility.

Use the Queensland Housing Services Finder tool

Logan Housing Service Centre

Information on housing options and rental assistance.

Visit: 11-13 Station Road, Woodridge
Phone: 07 3086 3700
Email: loganhsc@chde.qld.gov.au

Online: Logan Housing Service Centre

Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service (QSTARS)

Free tenancy information, advice and assistance.

Phone: 1300 744 263

Online: Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service

What is council doing?

The Australian and Queensland governments are responsible for addressing homelessness. While Local Government does not have a formal role we work in partnership with state government, local organisations and community to:

  • identify and address local priorities and collaborative solutions
  • plan for affordable and responsive housing
  • advocate to state and federal governments to support local outcomes
  • undertake a compassionate and balanced approach to managing homelessness in public spaces.

During the current national housing crisis more people are becoming homeless and staying in public spaces. We are working with the state government and local services to prioritise support and accommodation for these people.

We understand that everyone has a right to enjoy and feel safe in public spaces. As such:

  • We will request for temporary structures, like tents or tarps, to be removed if they are unsafe or limit access or use of a public space.
  • We will enforce local laws relating to unlawful camping if a person is not homeless, declines assistance or does not follow regulations.

What you can do

If you want to help, you can:

  • Visit Homelessness Australia and Council to Homeless Persons websites to learn more about homelessness in Australia.
  • Treat people with respect and dignity.
  • Contact your local neighbourhood centre or service provider and ask what you can donate and if they need volunteers.

If you want to help someone who is homeless in your local area, please refer them to the services on this webpage. Sometimes helping people directly can discourage them from accepting formal support. It can also cause a risk to your personal safety and impact upon community safety and access to public spaces.  

If you want to report an issue:

  • Call 000 immediately if someone is seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help
  • Call Policelink on 131 444 or make an online report for non-urgent incidents, crimes or police enquiries
  • Call Council on 3412 3412 or make an online report for any public access or environmental health concerns.