Homelessness can affect anyone of any age and can be temporary or long term. We work with other levels of government, local service providers and agencies to respond to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in the City of Logan.
Confidential 24-hour information and referral service for people experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. Homeless Hotline can provide information about where you can find support, accommodation, meals and showers.
Phone: 1800 474 753
Online: Homeless Hotline
Help to find crisis accommodation, where available. Support to apply for private rentals, social housing or bond loans, and to maintain your tenancy.
Phone: 07 3826 1500
Online: YFS website
24-hour Domestic Violence Helpline
Emergency transport and accommodation, safety planning and support for people experiencing domestic and family violence.
Womensline: 1800 811 811
Mensline: 1800 600 63
Online: Domestic and family violence helplines
Logan emergency relief list
Find food parcels, food, fuel and phone vouchers, financial assistance, community meals, assistance with medications, showers and toiletries in Logan.
Download the YFS Logan emergency relief list (PDF 242 KB)
Vans and Kitchens (VAKs)
Find street meals and street meets, food vans and mobile kitchens near you.
Search vans and kitchens near you on the VAKS website.
Find local support services near you.
If you use Telstra or Vodafone networks, you can search Ask Izzy on your phone even when you don’t have phone credit or access to Wi-Fi.
|Search services on the Ask Izzy website.
Public toilets, free public Wi-Fi and computer access
Find public toilets on the national public toilet map.
You can access free Wi-Fi and computers at your local library.
You can connect to free public Wi-Fi at:
- Springwood Park, 77 Cinderella Drive, Springwood 4127
- Logan Village Green, 11-15 Logan St, Logan Village 4207
- Beenleigh Town Square, 1 Kent St, Beenleigh 4207
- Sturdee Park, Sturdee Street, Loganlea 4131
- Logan Hyperdome, Cnr Pacific Highway and Bryants Road, Loganholme 4129
- Grand Plaza, 27/49 Browns Plains Rd, Browns Plains 4118
- Logan Central Plaza, 38/74 Wembley Rd, Logan Central 4114.
If you need help to find housing, pay your rent, or stay in your home, contact the below services.
What is council doing?
We acknowledge that all levels of government have a role to play. We work with other levels of government, agencies and local service providers to address housing supply and homelessness in the City of Logan.
The Queensland Department of Communities, Housing and the Digital Economy (DCHDE) is the lead agency responsible for reducing homelessness in Queensland. DCHDE provide public and community housing, and fund housing and homelessness service providers.
Logan City Council does not provide case management or housing for people experiencing homelessness.
When we receive a call from someone experiencing homelessness, we:
- refer them to DCHDE, the Logan Care Coordination team and / or other support services
- seek consent to pass on the person’s details and information about their situation to the Logan Care Coordination team who will assess their case and refer them to suitable accommodation and support services
- provide information on street meals, emergency relief and other services, if relevant.
We understand that everyone has a right to enjoy and feel safe in public spaces.
Where temporary structures, such as tents or tarps, are unsafe or limit access or use of a public space, Council Officers will request that the structure be removed.
If a person is not homeless, declines assistance or does not follow regulations, Council will manage this as a case of unlawful camping according to local laws.
What you can do
If you want to help, you can:
- Visit Homelessness Australia and Council to Homeless Persons websites to learn more about homelessness in Australia.
- Treat people with respect and dignity – everyone has a right to use public spaces and amenities.
- Donate items and volunteer your time. Contact your local neighbourhood centre or service provider and ask what you can donate and if they need volunteers.