IGNITE Youth Careers Expo
The IGNITE Youth Careers Expo will be held on Tuesday 26 July 2022. The expo will run from 9.00am to 3.00pm at the Logan Metro Sports Centre, 357 Browns Plains Road, Crestmead.
This is a free event for career seekers and changers. Whether you are looking for a new job opportunity or working out your study path for your ultimate career – IGNITE is the place to find your future.
You can explore different professions and get more information on study options, apprenticeships, job opportunities and more to help you define and achieve your goals.
What to expect?
Along with over 40 exhibitors providing plenty of information on study pathways and job opportunities, we’ll have four interactive zones:
- Nature Zone: attendees will have the opportunity to interact with real wildlife and leave a mark on our giant animal-themed colouring in wall.
- Hospitality Zone: learn some barista skills and pick-up a free hot chocolate/coffee and decorate your own mini cupcake.
- Creative Zone: make your own mini band playing instruments or DJing. Have a go at some fun VR games.
- Beauty Zone: create a fashion masterpiece or learn some fun up hairstyles.
You can download a map of the venue (PDF 13.8 MB) showing exhibiters locations.
- AADA College
- Australian Child Care Careers Options
- Australian Performing Arts Conservatory
- Blueprint Career Development
- Bond University
- BUSY At Work
- Christian Heritage College
- Defence Force Recruiting
- DGT Employment and Training
- Engineers Australia
- EPIC Assist
- Five Star Training Academy
- Grace College
- Griffith University
- Hungry Jack's
- JMC Academy
- KRANK School Holiday Program
- Landscape Queensland
- Logan City Council
- Logan City Council - Libraries
- Logan City Council - Plant Fleet Services
- Logan Water
- Maxima Training Group
- OSMAC Apprenticeships
- QLD School of Film and Television
- Queensland Police Service
- Riviera Australia
- Southern Cross University
- TAFE Queensland
- The French Beauty Academy
- The Hotel School Australia
- The University of Queensland
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- Volunteering Queensland
- YMCA Brisbane
The venue is a wheelchair accessible venue, with disabled parking in front on the main entrance. If you have specific accessibility requirements, please call 07 3412 3412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food and Beverage
There are water refill stations on site. Please ensure you bring an empty reusable bottle (no glass). There is a café on site with both hot and cold food options available. We encourage contactless payment where possible.
Use TransLink's Journey Planner to plan your trip by bus, train, ferry or foot. Please note: the My TransLink app (available for Apple and Android devices) includes a journey planner. This is ideal for planning your route on-the-go.
There is a large carpark a 3minute walk from the venue entry. Traffic control will be able to assist navigating you to the closest spot.
There are first aiders on site. Please see one of the venue or event staff if you require assistance.
Bad Weather Policy
The event is predominantly indoors. If rain or bad weather occurs, the event will proceed, unless deemed unsafe to do so. In the event of rain, outdoor exhibitors will be given the opportunity to be placed inside.
This event is proudly sponsored by Maxima. Sponsors are an integral part of this event which allow us funding to put on this event.
For more information please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at email@example.com.