Immunisation records

The Australian Immunisation Register is a national register administered by Medicare. Historically, this register recorded vaccines given to children under 10 years of age. In 2016, it became a whole-of-life register.

Updating the Australian Immunisation Register

Vaccines administered by Logan City Council

All vaccines administered by Logan City Council Immunisation Team are recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register. 

If your immunisations (or your child’s immunisations) are not listed on the Australian Immunisation Register and you would like us to update your record, please email the immunisation team at and include the following information:

  • full name and date of birth
  • Medicare number
  • school name (if high school student).

Vaccines administered overseas

If you or your child received vaccines overseas and would like these recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register, please email the immunisation team at and include the following information:

  • full name and date of birth
  • Medicare number
  • copy of the immunisation record.

Requesting records

The quickest and easiest way to access your immunisation records is online. Log into your Medicare online account through myGov or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.

If you would like a record of vaccines given only by Logan City Council, you will need to download and fill in the Immunisation records request form (PDF 196 KB). Send the completed form with a certified copy of your identification to Your request will be processed within 14 days.

We must act in line with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and will not process your request without certified identification.

A certified copy of identification is a copy of an original identification document that has been verified as a true copy by an authorised witness. Suitable identification documents include your driver’s licence (copy of front and back), passport or birth certificate. Authorised witnesses include lawyers, Justices of the Peace or Commissioners for Declarations. The person witnessing the document will need to see your original identification document. 

If you don’t have a certified copy of an identification document, you can visit one of our customer service centres and a council officer can photocopy and validate your identification (such as your driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate).

Search for your nearest Justice of the Peace

Resolving Centrelink and Medicare notices

If Centrelink or Medicare have sent you a letter about your child’s overdue vaccines, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.

  • If you missed a vaccination - take your child to one of our immunisation clinics or your doctor to catch up
  • If your child is fully vaccinated, but:
    • Medicare online shows there are outstanding vaccinations - contact the healthcare provider who gave your child the vaccination and ask them to send the details to the Australian Immunisation Register
    • Medicare online is up to date, but Centrelink has sent you a letter saying vaccinations are overdue - make sure you have given Centrelink permission to access your child’s immunisation records. Call Centrelink or Medicare to have them link your records
    • If your child was born and vaccinated overseas - you need to have your records added to the Australian Immunisation Register. You can email your child’s full name, date of birth, Medicare number, and a copy of the immunisation record to us at