KRANK School Holiday Program Design KRANKenstein’s summer t-shirt competition 2024 Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry into the KRANK School Holiday Program colouring-in competition (‘competition’) is open to all residents of the City of Logan under the age of 18 and all entries into the competition are eligible to receive a prize for this competition.
- The Promoter is Logan City Council (ABN 21 627 796 435) of 150 Wembley Road Logan Central, QLD, 4114 (‘Promoter’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, Logan City Council and associated agencies and companies can complete the survey however are not eligible to receive the prizes.
- Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be contacted to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian and or the parent or guardians email address. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- Any entrant who wishes to participate in the competition must submit their colouring-in competition entry via the details set out on the colouring-in competition form.
- The entrant or parent/guardian of the entrant may be contacted to verify the entrant’s full name, age, address, and telephone number.
When to enter
- The competition opens Monday 14 November 2023 and closes on Monday 15 April 2024 at 5:00pm (‘Promotional Period’).
- Entrants may enter in the competition during the promotional period, between Monday 14 November 2023 and Monday 15 April 2024.
- The colouring-in competition entry forms are available from the Promoter on the KRANK School Holiday Program webpage or where copies are made available at Logan City Council Libraries.
- All competition entries submitted to the Promoter will not be returned to the entrant.
- By entering the competition, entrants and the parent or guardian of the entrant agree and understand that the Promoter is collecting your name, email address and phone number to facilitate entry in the competition and to make contact if successful in receiving a prize.
- If the promoter is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety, and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By providing an entry into the competition the participant, parent, or guardian, has understood the Terms and Conditions of entry.
How to enter
- To be eligible for entry into the competition, the colouring-in competition form must meet the following conditions:
- The completed colouring-in competition has the contact details of the person who submitted it.
- The completed form must be legible to read.
Selection of winners
- All eligible entries into the competition will be put into a draw once the promotional period has ended.
- One winner will be selected at the end of the promotional period.
- The winning entry selected will be notified either by phone or email using the contact details on their survey.
- Winner must collect their prize from: Community Services, Logan City Council 150 Wembley Road Logan Central, QLD, 4114. Under no circumstances will the prize be delivered or posted to a private residential address.
- The promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Number of entries permitted
- One entry per person is permitted to enter the competition.
- The following prize is available:
- A choice of one of the following - a peddle or BMX bike, foot scooter or skateboard to the value of $150.
- Prize may be subject to further Terms and Conditions.
Further terms and conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this promotion cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this promotion if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The winners may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value at their discretion. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The selection is final and binding on each person who enters. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of a cash prize, cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for the prize being damaged or lost in transit.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of Logan City Council. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting the competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). We do not sell personal information to other organisations.
- In participating in the competition, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“NonExcludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the NonExcludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way from entry into the promotion including but not limited to: (a) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (b) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (c) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
- Participation into the promotion is therefore at the participants risk with liability waived against the Promoter and its officer, employees, contractors and agents for any injury, illness, death or adverse changes in state of health (whether permanent or temporary), arising directly or indirectly from use of facilities or other services provided, whether supervised or not by Logan City Council staff.
For more information
Disclaimer: All content accurate as of November 2023.