Major water projects
Information about our major water infrastructure and research projects is available below.
Chlorine dosing of water supply during hotter months
Recent events in South East Queensland have highlighted the need for effective disinfection of drinking water.
A small amount of chlorine is needed in the water supply to make sure that it stays disinfected. During the summer months, as the water in our network warms up, we add chlorine at strategic points around the city. This helps make sure that the water supply remains safe to drink for our community.
At these times, some residents may notice a slight chlorine odour and taste in their water. This can be removed by putting a jug of drinking water in the fridge overnight.
The level of chlorine in our water network is kept well within health guidelines and is regularly monitored to make sure it is lower than required under the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
If you use water for special purposes, like an aquarium, you should take measures to allow for changes in chlorine levels over summer.
For more information or if you have any concerns, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logan South Wastewater Treatment Plant B
In 2018/2019, we started to look for potential sites for a modern sewerage (wastewater) treatment facility in Logan. This facility is needed to service new developments between Park Ridge and Yarrabilba in the coming years. The planned facility is currently called Logan South Wastewater Treatment Plant B (Logan South WWTP B).
At the Ordinary Council meeting of 16 April 2019, Council selected a final site for the Logan South WWTP B. The site is at Pleasant View Road in Chambers Flat.
The site was considered the most suitable location for a modern wastewater treatment facility due to:
- the availability of flood-free land
- its low impact on the community and environment compared with other proposed sites
- its proximity to the Logan river.
The project is currently in the early planning phase.
In early 2020 we will call for nominations from members wanting to join a Community Reference Group. The group will inform the future development of the Logan South WWTP B.
To register your interest, please email email@example.com.
- Locality map (PDF 968 KB)
- Community consultation report (PDF 7.38 MB)
- Logan South Wastewater Treatment Plant B Iinformation sheet (PDF 790 KB)
- Community Update December 2019 (PDF 947 KB)
Frequently asked questions
- Responses to community questions – July 2019 (PDF 682 KB)
- Response to resident questions – August 2019 (PDF 741 KB)
If you have any questions about the Logan South Wastewater Treatment Plant B project, please phone Logan Water Infrastructure Alliance’s community engagement team on 07 3412 9609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cedar Grove Environmental Centre
Council’s Logan Water Infrastructure Alliance is currently constructing the first stage of a state-of-the-art sewerage (wastewater) treatment plant in Cedar Grove.
This facility will provide essential services to the growing community in the Queensland Government’s Greater Flagstone Priority Development Area (PDA).
Under the Queensland Government’s Shaping South East Queensland Regional Plan 2017, Logan City’s south west region is identified as a major hub for residential, commercial and industrial development.
Current status and key activities
Construction of stage one started in September 2018 and is due for completion mid 2020.
December 2019 Key activities
|Week ending||Activities||Equipment expected|
6 December 2019
No construction activities will be undertaken between
• Installation of electrical equipment on structures
• Water carts
• Concrete pump
• Frequent truck movements
• Air compressor
- Information sheet – Cedar Grove WWTP – Stage One (PDF 534 KB)
- Q&A information sheet (PDF 160 KB)
- Information Sheet – Greater Flagstone trunk wastewater (sewerage) pipelines (PDF 571 KB)
Community Reference Group
A Community Reference Group is operating during the detailed design and construction phases of the Cedar Grove Wastewater Treatment Plant. For more information please refer to the Terms of reference (PDF 584 KB). The group is not open to new participants.
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 10 July 2018 (PDF 124 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 16 May 2018 (PDF 132 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 18 September 2018 (PDF 217 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 7 November 2018 (PDF 194 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 20 February 2019 (PDF 226 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 27 March 2019 (PDF 217 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 14 May 2019 (PDF 224 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 18 June 2019 (PDF 218 KB)
- Cedar Grove CRG meeting minutes – 20 July 2019 (PDF 356 KB)
- Cedar Grove EC CRG meeting minutes - 19 November 2019 (PDF, 289 KB)
Greater Flagstone PDA
For information about Greater Flagstone, please visit Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDMIP) - Greater Flagstone of contact DSDMIP.
Cedar Grove Wastewater Treatment Plant – Stage 1
Logan Water Infrastructure Alliance
Phone: 07 3412 9609