Restrictions on 13 October 2021 Ordinary Council Meeting
Due to the Queensland Government’s current COVID-19 restrictions, the Ordinary Council meeting to be held on Wednesday, 13 October 2021 will have restricted seating.
The public gallery will remain open with attendees being required to socially distance and wear a mask. Our community and staff health, safety and wellbeing is our top priority.
Each meeting remains open and transparent to the public and media through a scheduled audio and video live-stream. The live-streams will be available on Council’s YouTube page.
The Ordinary Council meeting is the formal decision making authority for Logan City Council. It provides overall direction and leadership on all matters referred to it by Council's standing committees. It is also responsible for:
- receiving reports or recommendations from Council's Standing Committees
- considering the reports and recommendations of the Standing Committees
- formulation and adoption of Council resolutions
- reception of other matters as reported by the Chief Executive Officer or appropriately delegated officer, where appropriate.
- Chairperson: Councillor Power
- Deputy Chairperson: Councillor Raven
- Councillor Bradley
- Councillor Lane
- Councillor Russell
- Councillor Koranski
- Councillor Hall
- Councillor Frazer
- Councillor Heremaia
- Councillor Bannan
- Councillor Stemp
- Councillor Willcocks
- Councillor Murphy
Calendar of meetings
A list of meeting dates and times is available to download:
- Calendar of meetings – July to December 2021 (PDF 183 KB)
- Calendar of meetings – January to December 2022 (PDF 548 KB).
Agendas and minutes
Agendas and minutes from January 2020 are available on our eScribe website.
Archived agendas and minutes
To access electronic agendas or minutes from 2001 to 2019, please contact us at email@example.com.
Archived agendas and minutes from 1979 are available at the Queensland State Archives:Queensland State Archives
435 Compton Road
RUNCORN QLD 4113
Phone: 07 3131 7777
Video and Audio Recordings
Committee meetings are audio recorded. Audio recordings of committee meetings are available on Council’s YouTube page.
Ordinary Council meetings are video live-streamed. The live-stream and subsequent video uploads are available on Council’s YouTube page.
Terms of reference
Council chambers tour
Would your class or community group like to see where the Council makes its decisions? We offer free tours of the Council Chambers to local schools and community groups.
The tour also includes an overview of:
- the levels of government in Australia
- the services provided by local government
- the role of the Mayor and councillors
- how Council meetings operate.
If you are interested, we can also arrange for groups of up to 30 (including parents, teachers and guides) to attend an Ordinary Council meeting in the Council Chambers.
These meetings begin at 10.00am on varying Tuesday mornings. Please contact us to confirm meeting dates. A meet and greet with the Mayor and / or divisional councillors may also be arranged, depending on their availability.
What age group are these tours suited to?
We tailor our tours to accommodate the age of attendees in each group. Generally, we run tours for groups between the ages of 8 to 18 years. Please note that children must be appropriately supervised by parents, teachers and guides at all times.
Can you provide information on other areas of Council as part of the tour?
We aim to accommodate your group's areas of interest. Where possible we will arrange for Council officers to speak to your group as part of the tour.
How do I request a Council Chambers tour?
To arrange a tour call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are emailing your requests please include:
- the preferred date and time for the tour (between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm)
- any specific topics of interest
- how many people would be attending
- attendees approximate age
- your contact details.
We will contact you once your request has been received to confirm details of the tour and make final arrangements.