Holding an event in a park

Many of our parks can be booked for events such as weddings, parties, sporting activities and personal training.

If you are interested in holding an event within a park, please download and complete the Notify us of your event form and return it to us.

Our permission does not give you exclusive use of the park, but we will discourage others from organising an event that would clash with yours. Your cooperation in sharing the park and its facilities with others is appreciated.

If you are planning a large event, you may need to complete a Parks public event risk assessment template (PDF 89 KB). You must complete the template if your event meets any of these conditions:

  • you plan to erect a structure like a marquee or jumping castle with anchor pegs of more than 400mm –  park rangers will need to establish the location of underground electrical services or other conduits and will let you know where you can put the structure. This does not include pop-up gazebos up to 3m x 6m
  • there will be 100 attendees or more
  • the event will be catered
  • you will require vehicle access (other than the provided parking) to drop off equipment
  • you will charge a fee to participants
  • you will use a power supply such as a generator.

For help filling in the Parks public event risk assessment template, please download our Parks public event risk assessment guideline (PDF 141 KB).

After we receive all the information about your planned event, we will assess your application and let you know about our decision within approximately 21 business days.

Conditions that apply to using our parks for your event

  • You must not use confetti or rice in the park. You can use flower petals. Please make sure that any petals you use are cleared from pathways after the event.
  • The permit for the event does not give you exclusive use of the park. You may have to share the park and its facilities with others. We will do our best to stop others from organising an event at the same time in the same park.
  • Please leave the park clean and tidy after the event and put your rubbish in the bins provided. You will need to take away any excess rubbish that does not fit in the bins provided.
  • You can use signs or decorations if they are free-standing or taped to the trees or park furniture. You must not use nails, staples or similar fasteners to attach decorations or signs. Please remove all signs and decorations at the end of the event.
  • We do not allow election signs in any of our parks.
  • Equipment that creates loud noise is not allowed in the park. You may use a portable music player or speaker powered by batteries.
  • If you would like to prepare or sell food at the event, please call us on 07 3412 3412 as special conditions will apply.
  • You need a permit for a jumping castle or other amusement equipment. We can cancel a permit in poor weather conditions.
  • If you need power for the equipment, you can use a generator. Power is not usually available for this type of use.
  • You will need a registration certificate for any amusement equipment. You can get this from The Office of Fair and Safe Work Queensland, Department of Justice and Attorney General. For more information, please contact them on 1300 362 128 or visit the Worksafe website.

Vehicle permits

You may need a vehicle permit if you take your vehicle into a park for your event.

If we issue you with a vehicle permit, please abide by all conditions listed on it.

  • We may deny access to the park or require you to pay a bond to ensure vehicles do not damage the park.
  • Vehicles must not remain on the grass area.
  • Any access gates must be immediately locked after entry or exit to ensure other people do not gain unauthorised entry into the park.
  • Our park rangers can cancel the vehicle access at any time if the weather conditions are poor.
  • We will meet you at the park to discuss the requirements of your event. You must follow the site map we provide.

Public liability Insurance

If you plan to hold personal training sessions or a community event, you will need to have public liability insurance to the value of $20 million.