Deciding to breed is a big decision. You must meet strict criteria under our Local Laws and also State Legislation.
The Queensland Government laws promote responsible breeding of dogs.
Anyone wishing to breed needs to obtain a Breeder Identifcation Number (BIN) or a supply number. Every registered breeder needs a unique identification number called a supply number. This number can trace puppies back to the breeder. You must display your BIN or supply number when advertising, selling or giving away a dog.
To apply for a supply number, please visit Queensland dog breeders’ register.
To report concerns about puppies that are being advertised, sold or given away without a supply number, please visit Queensland dog breeders’ register.
For more information about breeding laws, please:
- visit the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website
- call us on 07 3412 3412, or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To breed cats in Logan City, you will need approval from us.
To apply for approval, you will need to:
- make sure your cats are registered with us
- have a current membership of:
- Queensland Feline Association
- Independent Cat Council of Queensland, or
- Feline Control Council of Australia.
For more information, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at email@example.com.