We offer discounted microchipping services at various locations across the city. All cats and dogs born after 1 July 2009 must have a microchip.
The great thing about a microchip, unlike a collar or tag, is that it can't get lost! The procedure is quick and almost painless for your pet. It takes longer for you to fill out the paperwork than for the microchip to be implanted!
Our trained staff will implant your pets microchip for only $20.
If you think your pet is already microchipped but can't find the details, we can check for a microchip. Bring your pet to any of our events listed below and we’ll record the microchip number for you. Microchips are usually located between your pets shoulder blades, but sometimes they can move a little. If we can’t find one, you will need to have your pet microchipped.
Microchipping does not replace your pets registration with us.
To change your pets microchip details, please visit the Pet Address website. You will need to have your pets 15 digit microchip number. The site can tell you who your pets microchip is registered with and you can then contact them directly to update any details.
To save time when you bring your pet in for microchipping, download and fill in the Microchip registration form (PDF 527 KB).
So, where can you find us? Please see our list of locations below
Event dates and locations
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we will not be scheduling any in-field microchipping events. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Owners can still have their pet microchipped for $20 at the Animal Management Centre. Please contact us to make an appointment.
Terms and conditions for microchipping
- Cats and dogs can be microchipped from 8 weeks old.
- We may ask for proof of your animals age.
- You can bring in a maximum of four animals.
- You must be over 18.
- If you’re a Logan resident, you will need proof of your address.
- Please do not bring animals that are sick, injured, nursing or recently operated on. Please do not bring animals with skin conditions.
- Our staff who complete the microchip implants are not able to give veterinary consultations.
- If the weather is wet or inclement, we may cancel the microchipping event. Please check our Facebook page before attending.
- Owners must be responsible for their animals at all times. Please make sure your dogs are kept on a leash and under effective control. Please contain your cats in a suitable carrier.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their animals.