Sale of land for rates arrears
Under the Local Government Act, Councils are able to take action that may result in the sale of a property in order to recover overdue rates.
Please note that the Auction set down for Thursday, 15 December 2022 at the Logan Entertainment Centre has now been cancelled with all properties being withdrawn.
Properties will be withdrawn from the auction if the rates are paid or if they are removed from the auction process.
Inspecting the properties
You are not able to inspect the properties before the auction as the residents are still living there. Please respect their privacy.
The owners still have an opportunity to pay the rates up until the auction.
You or your solicitor can do any property searches you feel are important before the auction.
Gaining a valuation
If you need a valuation for the property, you will need to do a curb-side valuation as you will not be able to access the property.
Conditions of sale / contract
Conditions of sale document (PDF 25 KB)
If you plan to bid at an auction, please note the points below.
- To make a bid, you will need to register with the auctioneer on the day of the auction. Please bring photo ID.
- The property will be sold unencumbered and any mortgage or security will be released upon transfer.
- Proceeds of the sale will pay any outstanding rates and fees.
- The purchaser will be responsible for any stamp duties and lodgement fees.
- Settlement terms are 10% payable on the fall of the hammer. You will need to pay the balance within 14 days.
- You can pay with cash, credit card or bank cheque. We will allow a reasonable amount of time for you to get a bank cheque on the day of the auction. Please discuss these arrangements with us before the day of the auction.
- The properties will be sold as is, with all goods and belongings becoming the responsibility of the successful bidder.
- Gaining vacant possession is the responsibility of the successful bidder.
For more information, please contact David Hayden, Principal Recoveries Officer on 07 3412 5256.