We encourage you to recycle household items like glass, plastic, aluminium, cardboard and newspaper. You can put these items in your recycle bin. If you're not sure where something should go, see our A to Z of waste disposal.

We do not provide a 10-cent refund for drink containers. For information on Queensland’s Containers for Change scheme, visit the Containers for Change website or call 13 4CHANGE (13 42 42).

For more information about what happens to your recycling after it’s collected, please see Materials Recovery Facility.