City of Logan Sports Awards
The City of Logan Sports Awards pay tribute to our city’s elite athletes and inspirational sportspeople.
The Awards recognise home-grown sporting icons whose accomplishments have seen them reach the highest level in their chosen sport.
Recognise your favourite team, player, coach, organisation, event, or administrator. Nominations close 5.00pm, 9 September 2022.
- Sportsman of the Year
- Young Sportsman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Young Sportswoman of the Year
- Master Sportsperson of the Year
- Sports Official of the Year
- Sports Event of the Year
- Sports Administrator of the Year
- Elite Athlete with a Disability
- Sports Team of the Year
- Sports Coach of the Year
- Sports Organisation of the Year
- Banksia Award (Special Award to recognise City of Logan Olympians or achievement of international significance)
Gala Awards Dinner
The 2022 City of Logan Sports Awards gala dinner will be held on Saturday 29 October at the Logan Entertainment Centre.
We are currently experiencing issues with the ticketing system and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
If you would like to purchase tickets for the event, please email email@example.com advising of your full name and how many tickets you would like to purchase.
The team will contact you with the relevant link once issues are rectified. We appreciate your patience.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3412 3412.
Terms and Conditions
- Submitting Nominations in the City of Logan Sports Awards – Logan City Council is free and open to all men and women from 13 years of age as of 1 July 2022.
- Nominations may only be made online via the official nomination form which can be found at City of Logan Sports Awards – Logan City Council.
- The Sports Award nominees must:
- Have participated in his/her particular sport in the period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022; and
- Have resided in the City of Logan for part of the specified year; or
- Have been affiliated with a City of Logan sports organisation for part of the specified year.
- Nominations are to be certified by the respective sport’s governing body.
- If an athlete was required to leave Logan to further their sport, eg. to undertake a scholarship interstate, they will still be eligible if they still compete for or are registered, at a sporting club within the City of Logan boundaries.
- The sports athlete (including sportsman and sportswoman, sports team, elite athlete with a disability) will have competed with distinction at local, state, national or international level.
- The sports coach shall have coached with distinction at local, state, national or international level.
- The sports official shall have been involved in officiating (refereeing, umpiring, judging etc) at local, state, national or international level.
- The sports administrator shall have been involved in the administration or organisation of sport at local, state, national or international level.
- The sports organisation is located within the boundaries of the City of Logan and must be affiliated with a state or national sports organisation.
- The sports event of the year shall have occurred from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022 and been hosted within boundaries of the City of Logan.
- The masters sportsperson must be over 35 years and can represent any sports code.
- Nominees may nominate for more than one category.
- Nominees agree to allow the use of their nomination information for publicity purposes.
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of Logan City Council and will not be returned.
- Nominees agree to make themselves available, without cost, for publicity purposes as required prior to, and after, the Awards Presentation.
- The Sportsperson of the Year Award (Overall Award for Sporting Excellence) will be selected by the Judging Panel from the winners of:
- Sportsman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Young Sportsperson of the Year
- Elite Athlete with a Disability of the Year
- Those selected as finalists should be available to attend the Awards Gala Presentation Dinner (date to be announced). Inability to attend does not disqualify entry.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominations close on 9 September 2022 at 5pm and should be completed online at logan.qld.gov.au/sportsawards
- To complete your nomination, please ensure you have uploaded a photo of the nominee with your application.
- Given that they meet all the above eligibility criteria, the nominee will receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the City of Logan Sports Awards.
Congratulations to all the 2021 winners:
- Golden Banksia Award winners, Logan Martin and Ash Moloney
- Sports Administrator winner, Brian Roberts
- Sports Coach winner, Edward Dimmack
- Sports Team winner, Marsden State High School Rugby League
- Sports Event winner, Griffith Sport Logan Fun Run
- Sports Organisation winner, Logan Basketball Association
- Sports Official winner, Aleisha Neumann
- Young Sportswoman winner, Losa Niumata
- Young Sportsman winner, Connor Gillen
- Master Sportsperson winner, Marion Hermitage
- Elite Athlete with a Disability winner, Andre Rivett
- Sportswoman winner, 'Shotgun' Shannon O'Connell
- Sportsman winner, Ashley Moloney
- Judge's Choice winners, Tristram Peter and Trudy Barlett
- Overall Sportsperson winner, Ashley Moloney
For a list of winners from previous years please see City of Logan Sports Award winners.