Traineeships and apprenticeships
Our traineeships and apprenticeships can help you kick start your career in local government and take the next step toward your future career.
Why join our program?
Our traineeship and apprenticeship program helps you gain a nationally recognised qualification while you work. It also offers opportunities like:
- learning and development – with training courses in personal productivity and focus, communication techniques, conflict resolution and assertiveness
- job-readiness training – to prepare you for the change from trainee/apprentice to your next career goal
- an ambassador opportunity at our annual Ignite Youth Careers Expo
- co-leading community projects involving Youth Assisting Youth (YAY Team).
How to apply
Applications are now open. Applications close on Monday November 30 2020.
We are currently recruiting for the following traineeships and apprenticeships:
- Allied Health
- Civil Construction
- Companion Animal Management
- Engineering (Boiler Maker related)
- Libraries and Information Services
- Sport and Recreation – Aquatics
- Sport and Recreation – Fitness
- Urban Pest Management
- Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
We recruit yearly through a panel of providers. We are the Host Employer.
For initial recruitment of these traineeships and apprenticeships, please contact one of the service providers listed below:
Phone: 07 5665 0800 or 0419 987 934
Visit the Novaskill website
Recruiting for Business, Urban Pest Management and Wastewater Treatment Operator traineeships.