Leasing a council-owned facility
We lease our facilities to a range of organisations, including:
- not-for-profit organisations
- sporting and recreation groups
- community organisations.
Leasing our facilities gives the community chance to take part in a range of programs and activities.
Not-for-profit organisations can lease a council-owned facility. Your organisation is eligible if it:
- is an incorporated association or equivalent
- is a not-for-profit community based organisation
- maintains $20 million public liability insurance
- is able to show how it can meet the financial obligations of a lease or licence.
We have created a new registration of interest database. If you have not updated your organisation’s details from May 2021, you need to fill a new form below.
You can register your interest in leasing a facility using the forms below. Only complete the form most relevant to your organisation type.
- Community leasing registration of interest form
- Sport and recreation leasing registration of interest form
When a facility becomes available we may invite you to apply for a lease through our expression of interest process. All organisations on Council’s waitlist will be sent information about expressions of interest for both sport and recreation and community facilities.
To find more information about leasing, see our Sport, recreation and community leasing guide.
Expression of interest
There are currently no Expression of Interest.
Renewal of lease or licence
To register your interest in renewing your lease or licence agreement please complete the application to renew a lease form (PDF 2.85 MB).
Organisations wanting to sublease to a third party need to get written consent from our sport, leisure and facilities branch.
To apply for consent fill in the application for consent to sub-lease form (PDF 3.24 MB).
Please allow at least 20 business days for us to review your application.
Leasing fact sheets
Find out more about sport, recreation and community leasing in our fact sheets.
- Sport, recreation and community leasing guide
- Licence or lease of Council-owned or controlled land to sporting, recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 164 KB)
- Remissions to sporting recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 133 KB)
- Liquor licensing
For equine events, please complete our equine event permit application form.
The Funding Centre provides helpful information about grants and fundraising in Australia.