We lease our facilities to a range of organisations, including:
- not-for-profit organisations
- sporting and recreation groups
- community organisations.
Leasing our facilities gives the community chance to take part in a range of programs and activities.
Not-for-profit organisations can lease a council-owned facility. Your organisation is eligible if it:
- is an incorporated association or equivalent
- is a not-for-profit community-based organisation
- maintains $20 million public liability insurance
- is able to show how it can meet the financial obligations of a lease or licence.
You can register your interest in leasing a facility using the expression of interest – leasing a council facility form (PDF 3158 KB).
When the facility becomes available we will invite you to apply for a lease through our expression of interest process.
Find out more about leasing in our guide to sport, recreation and community leasing in Logan City (PDF 394 KB).
Expression of Interest – Malling Park
We are seeking expressions of interest from eligible community organisations interested in leasing Malling Park.
The Malling Park sport and recreating facility is located in Waterford. The park has two full size cricket fields, which may be suitable for AFL or one senior rectangular field (for rugby union, rugby league, soccer or touch football).
For more information about eligibility and the responsibilities of successful applicants, please download our Expression of interest guidelines (PDF 1936 KB).
To apply, please fill in our Expression of Interest application form (PDF 1264 KB). Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 5 October 2020.
Renewal of lease or licence
To renew your lease agreement fill in the application to renew a lease form (PDF 2855 KB).
Organisations wanting to sublease to a third party need to get written consent from our sport, leisure and facilities branch.
To apply for consent fill in the application for consent to sub-lease form (PDF 3240 KB).
Please allow at least 20 business days for us to review your application.
Annual lessee forum
The annual sport, recreation and community lessee forum was held on Wednesday 7 August 2019.
The 2019 forum involved a variety of speakers who helped participants develop knowledge, experience and tools to assist their organisations in providing community access to all.
If you would like copies of the forum presentations email email@example.com or call us on 07 3412 3412.
We appreciate the valuable contribution that lessee organisations make to our community. We hope the information discussed at the lessee forum helps organisations to continue providing programs and services to the Logan community.
Leasing fact sheets
Find out more about sport, recreation and community leasing in our fact sheets.
- Guide to sport, recreation and community leasing in the City of Logan (PDF 394 KB)
- Incorporated associations – changing your name fact sheet(PDF 62 KB)
- Price harmonisation fact sheet (PDF 93 KB)
- Register of interested organisations application form (PDF 3158 KB)
- Managing your sports turf fact sheet (PDF 1290 KB)
- Licence or lease of Council-owned or controlled land to sporting, recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 164 KB)
- Remissions to sporting recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 133 KB)
- Election signs fact sheet (PDF 463 KB)
- Liquor licence fact sheet (PDF 459 KB)
For equine events, please complete our equine event permit application form.
The Funding Centre provides helpful information about grants and fundraising in Australia.