Leasing a council-owned facility
We lease our facilities to a range of organisations, including:
- not-for-profit organisations
- sporting and recreation groups
- community organisations.
Leasing our facilities gives the community chance to take part in a range of programs and activities.
Not-for-profit organisations can lease a council-owned facility. Your organisation is eligible if it:
- is an incorporated association or equivalent
- is a not-for-profit community-based organisation
- maintains $20 million public liability insurance
- is able to show how it can meet the financial obligations of a lease or licence.
We have created a new registration of interest database. If you have not updated your organisation’s details from May 2021, you need to fill a new form below.
You can register your interest in leasing a facility using the forms below. Only complete the form most relevant to your organisation type.
- Community leasing registration of interest form
- Sport and recreation leasing registration of interest form
When a facility becomes available we may invite you to apply for a lease through our expression of interest process. All organisations on Council’s waitlist will be sent information about expressions of interest for both sport and recreation and community facilities.
Find out more about leasing in our guide to sport, recreation and community leasing in Logan City (PDF 394 KB).
Renewal of lease or licence
To renew your lease agreement fill in the application to renew a lease form (PDF 2.85 MB).
Organisations wanting to sublease to a third party need to get written consent from our sport, leisure and facilities branch.
To apply for consent fill in the application for consent to sub-lease form (PDF 3.24 MB).
Please allow at least 20 business days for us to review your application.
Annual lessee forum
The annual Sport, Recreation and Community Lessee Forum held on Wednesday 26 August was a little different in 2020.
This year a new exciting online concept allowed our lessees to take part remotely for the first time.
This online event gave us an opportunity to hear from a variety of people. Their knowledge, experience and tools will help organisations to be resilient and thrive in uncertain times.
- how to use our new Visualisation tool to help develop your facility
- a live webinar facilitated by CPR Group - Building Club Resilience in Times of Change.
If you would like a link to the forum presentations please email us at email@example.com or call us on 07 3412 3412.
We appreciate the valuable contribution that lessee organisations make to our community. We hope the information discussed assists organisations to continue providing programs and services to our community.
Leasing fact sheets
Find out more about sport, recreation and community leasing in our fact sheets.
- Guide to sport, recreation and community leasing in the City of Logan (PDF 394 KB)
- Incorporated associations – changing your name fact sheet(PDF 62 KB)
- Price harmonisation fact sheet (PDF 93 KB)
- Managing your sports turf fact sheet (PDF 1.29 MB)
- Licence or lease of Council-owned or controlled land to sporting, recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 164 KB)
- Remissions to sporting recreational and community organisations policy (PDF 133 KB)
- Election signs fact sheet (PDF 463 KB)
- Liquor licence fact sheet (PDF 459 KB)
For equine events, please complete our equine event permit application form.
The Funding Centre provides helpful information about grants and fundraising in Australia.