Road permits

Road closures related to approved development applications

New road closure applications

To apply for a new road closure relating to a development, e.g. OW/MCUC/MCUI/COM/RL, please login and apply using our online services portal. You must be signed in to apply for a development related road closure, select Application Lodgement > Other development services > Road closure permits.

If you have not used the portal before you can register as a new user.

Amendments and extensions

To apply for an amendment or extension of a road closure relating to an existing development, e.g. OW/MCUC/MCUI/COM/RL, please complete our Road closure permit application form (PDF 301 KB). You can email the completed form and mandatory attachments to

For more information about road closure permits relating to approved development applications please call us on 07 3081 4863 or email us at

Road closures related to maintenance and community events

For road closures relating to:

  • Construction works, e.g. road maintenance, works within a school/school grounds, Priority Development Areas – State Govt applications (DEV)
  • Maintenance works. e.g. road maintenance, energy or teleco maintenance
  • Community Events, e.g. markets, fetes, parades.

Apply using our online services portal, select Application Lodgement > Road permits and footpath applications > Road closure, or download and fill in the Application for road closure (PDF 99 KB) and return to us.

For more information about road closure permits for maintenance and community events, please call us on 07 3412 5282 or email us at

Road opening permits

If you want to do any type of excavation on a road or road reserve, you will need to apply for a road opening permit.

To apply, please download and fill in the Application for road excavation works (PDF 65 KB) and return to us.

For more information please download:

For information about standard drawings for service corridors and road reserves, please download: