There are a few ways you can get access to documents or information held by us.
We maintain a publication scheme webpage, which gives a complete overview of our organisation and describes our relationship with the Logan community. You can access the following information in our Publication scheme.
- About us (Who we are and what we do)
- Our services (The services we offer)
- Our finances (What we spend and how we spend it)
- Our priorities (What our priorities are and how we are doing)
- Our decisions (How we make decisions)
- Our policies (Our policies and procedures)
- Our lists (Lists and registers)
The administrative access scheme is designed to give people access to documents that contain their personal information. We will only withhold information where the law says we cannot give those documents to you.
Anyone can ask for copies of documents under the administrative access scheme. We will assess your application and decide whether you can be given the documents. There is no guarantee the documents will be given to you.
You can ask for copies of documents under the administrative access scheme by applying in writing, by email, in person or by post. Your written request must be signed by you. You need to give the following information in your written request:
- your full name
- your contact details (phone number, email or address)
- what information or documents you want.
You must also show us identification when you apply, such as a drivers licence or passport. If you apply by email or post, you can give us a certified copy of your identification.
We can refuse to give you copies of documents under the administrative access scheme. If this happens, we may suggest that you make an RTI or IP application instead (these applications are described below).
Right to Information and Information Privacy applications (RTI and IP)
You can apply to get copies of documents from us under:
- the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) – for documents which have information that is not your own personal information
- the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) – for documents which have information that is your own personal information.
The RTI Act promotes the release of information by us unless this information is exempt, or its release would be contrary to the public interest.
The IP Act sets out the rules that govern how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information.
You can ask us to amend documents that we hold which contain your personal information if you believe the information we hold is:
- not correct
- out of date.
To apply for documents under the RTI Act or the IP Act, you will need to:
- fill in the application form
- pay the application fee set by the RTI Act (currently $51.70)
- provide a certified copy of your identification if any of the information you are seeking contains your personal information
- in your application, provide enough detail about the information you would like so that we can identify what you are looking for.
To find out more about how to make an RTI or IP application, please see Right to Information and Information Privacy document requests.
We are required by law to keep a disclosure log. This lists details of certain RTI requests that have been made since 2009 and the information given in response to those requests. For more information, please see the Disclosure logs at the bottom of this page.
Evidence Act applications
If you are party to civil legal proceedings and you think that we hold information relevant to an issue in the proceedings, you may request information under section 134A of the Evidence Act 1977. For more information about how to make an Evidence Act application, please download our Information sheet (PDF 213 KB).
For more information about how to get access to documents or information held by us, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about RTI and IP applications, please see the Office of Information Commissioner website.
- 2020/2021 Disclosure log
- 2019/2020 Disclosure log
- 2018/2019 Disclosure log (PDF 18 KB)
- 2017/2018 Disclosure log (PDF 16 KB)
- 2016/2017 Disclosure log (PDF 23 KB)
- 2015/2016 Disclosure log (PDF 16 KB)
- 2014/2015 Disclosure log (PDF 19 KB)
- 2013/2014 Disclosure log (PDF 8 KB)
- 2012/2013 Disclosure log (PDF 13 KB)
- 2011/2012 Disclosure log (PDF 13 KB)
- 2010/2011 Disclosure log (PDF 16 KB)
- 2009/2010 Disclosure log (PDF 24 KB)