Where can I trade?

Council land

The benefit of operating a mobile food business is that you can trade from multiple locations.

Anyone selling or supplying goods from a public place, road, roadside or reserve needs a permit from us.

We want to make sure roadside selling is done from a location that is safe for patrons, pedestrians and all road users.

Find out more information on roadside vending permits.

Private land

A roadside vending permit is not needed to trade from private land. Planning approvals, restriction or permits may be required.

To find out more about planning requirements to trade from private property, please see PD hub for more information.

State land

You must have the permission of the owner or responsible person for the land you want to operate from. If a particular state government department is responsible for the land, you must get their permission before trading.

If you want to operate on a State-controlled road, you need written approval from the Department of Transport and Main Roads. Please visit the Department of Transport and Main Roads website for more information.

For a list of State-controlled roads in Logan, please see State-controlled roads.