Standard development approval conditions
A development approval may include conditions that need to be met if the development goes ahead.
To make the approval conditions consistent and easier to understand, we use a standard set of conditions for development approvals.
For more information about our standard development approval conditions, please download Standard development approval conditions (PDF 914 KB).
In some circumstances, we may provide an exemption certificate to a property owner. An exemption certificate means that a development approval is not needed for their assessable development. This could be for things like an error in the planning scheme.
To view a list of the exemption certificates we have issued, you can:
- download Exemption certificate register, or
- use our Development Enquiry Tool (click on List and select EC - Exemption Certificates in the Development Type filter field).
For more information about exemption certificates, please visit Queensland Government - Exemption certificate fact sheet.
A development approval may include a condition that asks you to give us for more information. We may need to check (certify) the additional information. For example, we may ask for detailed plans or reports that were not available when the development application was lodged and we decided to approve it.
We issue a condition certificate to show that the condition has been met.
To get a condition certificate, please make sure all the information required in the condition is ready before contacting us.
Overlay advice certificate
If an overlay from the Logan Planning Scheme 2015 applies to a property, we can give an overlay advice certificate to confirm how much of the property the overlay affects. Overlays include:
- biodiversity areas overlay
- landslide hazard and steep slope area overlay
- water corridors and wetlands overlay.
To request an overlay advice certificate, please:
- apply online (a fee applies) (if you are not a registered user, you will need to register), or
- fill in one of the following forms and return it to us with payment – please see Application forms and lodgement, and Fees, charges and payments: