We are designing a project to provide a new road connection between Green Road and Park Ridge Road.
The new road will extend Bayliss Road in a south westerly direction and will connect with Park Ridge Road to the east of Jedfire Park.
Why is the upgrade needed?
Logan is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia, with the population set to almost double by 2041.
This population increase will lead to more traffic using our roads and we need to ensure they are fit for the future.
The new extension of Bayliss Road is being designed to help improve connectivity in the local area.
The design includes:
- one vehicle travel lane in each direction
- one bus lane in each direction
- new intersections with dedicated turning lanes and traffic signals at key locations
- cycling and pedestrian facilities including a shared pathway and a footpath.
To view the preliminary designs for the project, please download the project maps:
The project is currently in the process of finalising the preliminary design.
We contacted property owners in late 2020 to discuss the property impacts as a result of the new road.
The next phase of the project is to start the process to acquire the land and our Property team will be in touch with affected property owners in the near future.
The project is currently funded to preliminary design and property acquisition. At this stage we do not have a timeline for detailed design work and construction.
We will keep the community updated as we progress through the design process.
If you would like more information about the projects, please:
- call our Community Engagement team on 07 3412 4551
- email us at RoadComms@logan.qld.gov.au or
- write to us, please address your letter to Road Infrastructure Delivery, Logan City Council, PO Box 3226, Logan City DC, QLD, 4114.