Plumbing and drainage

The following information may be helpful for domestic and commercial plumbing and drainage applications and enquiries. You can also contact our team for more information.

As-constructed plans

As-constructed plans show where and what below ground sanitary drainage pipes have been installed on a property. This includes the connections from the fixtures, e.g. toilets, sinks, on the property to the sewer connection point or the treatment plant for non sewered areas.

Where available you can access sewer, water, stormwater, roofwater and property-approved as-constructed plans online for free.

Due to local government amalgamations plans for some properties may not be available. This includes:

  • amalgamated areas of the former Beaudesert Shire Council, all records prior to 1995
  • amalgamated areas of Gold Coast City Council. 

If plans are not available online email or call us on 07 3412 3412. We will search our records and tell you if any plans are available for the property. Please allow 5 to 10 working days.

If we have no plans available for a property you may need a licensed plumbing contractor to locate the on site sanitary drainage pipes.  A licenced plumber can draw drainage plans for your property. For a copy of a blank drawing template download drainage plan drawing template (PDF 253 KB).

We do not keep a record of private roofwater drainage for class 1a dwellings, single detached house or one or more attached dwellings e.g. terrace/townhouse. In Queensland, roofwater falls under the responsibility of a private building certifier and records of installed roofwater drainage are not needed as part of a building approval.

Application forms and lodgement

The table below lists the forms you need, and if a fee applies for plumbing and drainage services.

You must include with your application any supporting documents listed on the forms e.g. an evaluation report for on-site sewage and greywater facilities.

To allow us to start assessing your application as soon as possible it needs to be properly made according to the rules in the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018. Find out more in our lodgement and properly made Form 1 applications fact sheet (PDF 188 KB) or contact our team.

Lodging your application

  1. Lodge online, some types of applications can be lodged online, as listed in the table below
  2. Lodge by email, the table below tells you which email address to send your application to
  3. Lodge by post, to find out where to post your application, please see connect wth us
  4. Lodge in person, you can lodge your application at your nearest customer service centre.

To see applications you have previously lodged (from 1 July 2018), please see My plumbing and drainage applications.

Type of application / notification Form to lodge Lodgement
Plumbing and drainage Form 1 – Compliance assessment application for plumbing, drainage and on site sewerage work (online form)

Lodge online

A fee applies

Commercial – alternative/performance solution Plumbing and drainage alternative solution submission form (PDF 40 KB)

Email –

A fee applies

Call us on 07 3412 4840 for help with lodgement

Notification of a responsible person

Before starting installation and 24 hours before booking inspections.

Department of Energy and Public Works - Form 7 (Notification of responsible person)

Must be signed by a licensed plumber, drainer or contractor


Application enquiry, My plumbing and drainage applications, Click on your application and Submit response


Visual compliance inspection of plumbing and drainage installations

PS1 - Property information (residential) (PDF 254 KB)

PS2 – Property information (non-residential) (PDF 276 KB)


A fee applies

Backflow prevention devices

An annual registration fee is payable

Department of Energy and Public Works - Form 9 (Registration and report on inspection and testing of backflow prevention devices, registered air gaps and registered break tank)


A fee applies

Notifiable work inspection request

Under the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019



A fee applies

Call us on 07 3412 4840 for help with lodgement

Fees, charges and payments

To find out what fees apply to your application you can:

To confirm the fee before you lodge your application email

Payment options

Plumbing and drainage application fees are payable when an application or request is lodged. As part of the lodgement process you can choose to how to pay:

  • Pay online by credit card when you lodge your application.
  • Pay online using the online payment reference number located at the bottom of the notice of account.
  • BPay us with a savings or cheque account using the biller code and reference number located at the bottom of your notice of account (there is a limit of $500,000 for each BPay payment; you can make multiple payments if needed).
  • Email, an officer will call you for your payment by credit card.
  • Direct deposit (this option applies to large business customers with multiple transactions). To arrange direct deposit, please email
  • Post a cheque or money order to Logan City Council.
  • In person at one of our customer service centres by cash, cheque, money order or Eftpos.

A merchant surcharge fee of 0.34 percent will apply to all online payments.

Plumbing and drainage inspections

Plumbing and drainage inspections are conducted Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 4.00pm.

You can book a plumbing and drainage inspection online or by calling us on 07 3412 4840 between 8.00am and 5.00pm. Please note:

  • you can request an inspection outside of our normal inspection times, but an additional fee will apply
  • to book an inspection for the next day, you must book by 12.00pm the day before
  • to change an inspection time, you need to give us one hour notice before the agreed inspection booking
  • a re-inspection fee will apply if you have booked an inspection but do not attend, or if the work is not finished in time for the inspection. The fee will need to be paid and a new inspection time will need to be booked.

The plumbing and drainage application fee covers assessment and normal inspection costs but does not guarantee approval.

On-site sewerage systems

On-site sewerage systems collect, treat, and disperse wastewater and sewage generated by a home or business. Waste is treated and discharged to the soils rather than collected and transported to a wastewater treatment plant.

Property owners and tenants are responsible for maintaining these systems, which may include:

  • septic systems
  • on-site sewage treatment facilities.

Find out more about on-site sewerage systems, how they work, how to maintain them and how to apply for an on-site sewage treatment facility.

On-site sewage facility identification service

For information about on-site sewage facilities installed in Logan use our on-site sewage facility identification service